Classrooms and Meeting Rooms
Requests for classrooms, meeting rooms and breakout rooms should be directed to email@example.com. This list serve is monitored by Laura Watt and Dan Hearn and others as appropriate/needed.
Requests should include the following information:
- Name of Event
- Requestor/person responsible for event
- Date of Event
- Time of Event
- Number of Guests
- Special room requirements (specific room, flat, room setup such as rounds or u-shape, etc.)
- Will AV be required?
- Will AV assistance be required for outside presenter?
- Will food be served? If yes, please provide the name of a University approved caterer or vendor if under $500
- Will alcohol be served? If yes, one week notice is required to obtain University permit and security (1 guard for every portion of 150 people). Alcohol cannot be served in a classroom or as part of a class.
- Speedtype (for security charges)
For large events, Weatherhead staff, housekeeping or additional security may be required.
Requests are responded to within 24 hours, excluding weekends. Rooms are not considered booked until the requestor receives written confirmation (system generated from Astra Scheduling). If the request is for the next day, it is advisable that requests are also phoned in to Laura Watt at 216.368.2041 (cell: 440.376.7150). Same-day needs after normal business hours should be directed to Laura Watt (cell: 440.376.7150) to see if special arrangements can be made.
Requests for study rooms by Weatherhead students only can be made online using the Study Room Request site.
Study Rooms: 0012, 013, 014, 015, 016, 017, 125, 204, 205, 206, 207, 402 and 403
Reservations can be made for any portion of a 3 hour maximum (to allow availability for others) and students must list purpose. Study rooms are intended for group use vs. individual use. Students may use a room without a reservation but are subject to vacating if the room is reserved by someone else. Same-day reservations can be made before 3 p.m. at the Security desk or with Mimi Filsinger (PBL 150 or when she is at the front desk).
Requests for classrooms for practice presentations are limited to availability and a maximum of 2 hours. These requests should be made in advance through firstname.lastname@example.org.